Article Main Body
The RAS International Committee has been meeting and here's what was decided.
We had a virtual meeting on 2 November 2018 of 13 members, 6 of whom were new to the Committee. Main points noted:
- All overseas communications should now be by email
- On-line access to Fellows’ contact details depend on their active consent, sought annually. However, only a fraction of Fellows has responded, thereby limiting its usefulness.
- On-line access to RAS specialist discussions awaiting clarification of copyrightissues.
- An advisor has been appointed to co-ordinate activities for RAS@200. The Committee will be making proposals involving the overseas membership.
- We shall continue to look for new ways of improving membership benefits for overseas Fellows.
- The International Exchange Programme with the OAD was proceeding well and is now oversubscribed.
- More material needed for the A&G website and International Section. Images, blogs, videos and links welcome.
- A new world map of RAS Fellowship is being requested from the IT Committee.
- The £9k RAS Award for Lecturers’ visits remains underused.
- RAS will consider holding receptions and overseas meetings additional to the AAS meetings.
As the current Chair Phil Charles has completed his allotted term, a new chair is being selected to take his place.
If you would like to submit an article to A&G Forum then please go here.